.

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A Message from a friend

My dear Brothers and Sisters of Sierra Leone,

I am an English lady living in England and have been dedicated and committed, to supporting and encouraging Sierra Leone in whatever way I can for about twenty years. Over this period of time, I am proud to say that I have made many Sierra Leonean friends, who are my chosen extended family.

Youths from APC, SLPP & PMDC monday walked the streets in a show of peace. These are Dworzak youths posing for Awareness Times

My prayers, my thoughts and my heart go out to the people of Sierra Leone at this very important point in their history. I know that it is easy for me to say, but I beg of you not to be intimidated into doing anything that you don't want to do. You have suffered enough and now it is your chance to turn the pages of time. The eyes of the world are upon you and they are saying 'move forward, be not afraid, we are with you'. Move into the twenty first century with confidence and hope. You have so much to offer your country and the world. Please let this be a starting point for you to give your children the happy memories which they deserve, the example of belief in yourselves and the confidence to work together for peace and unity.

Please take care of yourselves and each other. Take your future into your own hands and be confident. As we would say in England 'Put your shoulders back and your chin up and walk with pride', and from your own National Anthem 'For the land that we love, our Sierra Leone'.

I wish you everlasting peace, hope and love.

Your friend and sister

Sue Kirby